Furnace Hill Photography is a Full Time School District, Preschool, Dance Studio & Sports Photography Company. We offer photography services in Pittsburgh, throughout the Southwestern PA region and Morgantown.
We offer the latest in Digital Green Screen Technology to provide high quality school portraits with multiple backgrounds at an affordable cost. Our Printed Proof System shows parents each child’s pictures with background choices before purchasing packages.
Our Green Screen School Spring Fundraising Program offers full body scenic portraits with 4 scenic backgrounds to choose from. These portraits are a great
PTO fundraiser, giving back to the school with commission opportunities.
Our Green Screen Sports Photography Program gives a high definition, professional edge to high school athletics. Offering the most advanced technology,
fast turnaround times and unique photo products .. Our Sports Photography Program blows away the competition. Professional Photography Equipment including
Risers for Group Team Pictures make your team stand up, out and be seen.
Our Dance Studio Photography Service offers background choices along with standard white and many extra products and collages for sale. We strive to make dance picture week thru proofing and order day run smooth and pain free. We make staying on schedule a priority and properly staff shooting days to ensure it.
We incorporate key elements in our business that separate us from the competition. They include clear and easily understood informative materials, social media and well posed, technically correct photographs & an easy online or proof based parent viewing and ordering systems.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is the length of contract (number of years) that you offer? Will the price remain consistent through this term? We offer a 1 year, 2 year or 3 year contract. The price will remain the same throughout the term for any of these options. We recommend a 2 year minimum contract. We aim to build a relationship with your school which takes time for both parties to develop.
2. Are you compatible with Jostens or a high school yearbook provider? Yes. We provide a standardized PSPA Yearbook CD for every school. We are also a provider of yearbooks that we custom design and print.
3. Can you provide references (school related)? Yes.
4. Do you provide picture day information to share with parents? Yes.. we provide digital media explaining the Picture Day Process with Background Selections and Ordering Instructions to the school and we share online in our school directory.
5. Do you use online ordering or the paper proof system for picture ordering? We utilize both methods depending on the size and demographics of the school.
6. What is the largest school that you have photographed in one day? We have photographed 900+ students plus staff on one school photo day but we are equipped & staffed for any size school.
How many years experience do you have taking school photos? We began photographing schools in 2007.
7. Do all staff have clearances? Yes, including a criminal background check, PA child abuse history clearance & FBI fingerprint clearance.
8. How long will you be at each school photographing the students? We photograph approximately 600 students and staff in 4 hours.
9. Do you provide class composites for underclass? Yes. One 8×10 class composite is given to each student photographed free of charge, regardless of purchase for school districts. Private school and preschool composites are given free of charge with an order placed.
Would faculty and staff also be photographed Yes. All faculty and staff are photographed as requested.
10. Are you able to provide staff and student ID cards? Yes. We can provide high quality 30ml PVC ID cards at no additional cost to the school.
11. Can you retouch photos and what is the cost? What is the cost for a photo retake day? Yes. The retouching option is available for an additional $5.00 per image. There is not an extra charge for a photo retake day but a minimum number of absent students is required.
12. Do you have experience in photographing students with special needs? Yes. We have experience photographing the mentally and emotionally challenged for the companies ABDD and Valley Community Services.
13. Are there any other qualifications that make your company stand out from the competition? Yes. We volunteer our photography services and have contributed to the following non – profit organizations: The Junior League of Pittsburgh, 4 H, South Hills Animal Pet Rescue, Business & Professional Women of Pennsylvania, Women Inspiring Women and Penn State the Eberly Campus Student Scholarship Foundations
Leave a Reply